Errata Thread

Questions, answers, and errata to Sinless rules
Agonarchartist

Errata Thread

Post by Agonarchartist »

Errata will be posted here.

Also, is there a listed weight on the cards for firearms (or is it assumed based on something else)?

Uh, Yes. All of the firearms are weight 1. The assault rifles/shotguns are weight 2. The energy weapons weapons - the laser pistol is 1+1, the laser rifle is 2+1, and the railgun is 2+2. (The weapon and the pack.)

Why isn't this on the weapon cards?
Oops.

Will this be fixed?
Yes.
Agonarchartist

Re: Errata Thread

Post by Agonarchartist »

Finishing Touches on Page 48 References tables in the appendix that don't exist.

Will I create the tables in the appendix that don't exist?
Yes.
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

Asset rules used during character creation are only in the overview and not where expected when creating characters.
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

Q: Cybercombat weapons don't have a chart (maybe a non-issue), no mention of their reach. (assumed reach 0? Even Spurs?)

The chart for Cybertechtronic guns (Guns installed 'inside' the body as it were) is on the bottom of page 117.
All spurs and arm blades have reach 0. People naturally threaten the 5m (1") around them. Reach extends that. This along with the damage is noted in the specific implant description.

Q:There seem to be no Heavy Weapons in the book (I imagine missile launchers on a Drone would use Gunnery)

Yes. Heavy weapons from the drones weapons list use gunnery when mounted on a drone. But the heavy weapons on the drone weapons table are. . . heavy weapons. They can be uninstalled, purchased and used without a drone.

The sinless rules are not a computer program where every eventuality is covered in the text. There's an underlying infrastructure (Strength/weapon weight/cargo space/vehicle size) Those are the heavy weapons.

There's a couple of reasons for this approach. It saves space- a heavy weapons table would be the same table! It means Agonarch's can trust that they only have to worry about what they are looking at, not remember some exception or difference elsewhere. And the core is straightforward and explicit (Strength can carry 1 weight per slot, drones and vehicles can mount weapons based on weapon weight and features, 3 weight is 1 cargo slot)

Ideally, all weapons would be on cards and in a catalog, and there would be no 'tables'. Agonarch's design freely, and character's contemplatively shop.

Q:I can't find a gun that seems to be a sniper rifle, nor do the weapon cards state what kind of gun I'm looking at (maybe a non-issue, you can see a pistol is a pistol at least)

Correct, the only access to a sniper rifle is from "Thumper, uplifted bunny sniper" Sniper will be in the weapon packs, along with contained in billionaire bounty. For those that can't wait, it's Penetration 6, Accuracy 5, damage 12. Point black (+1) is up to 100m, with a +0 up to 800m. Shooting a target within 10m (2') has a -4 penalty.

Q. The Nightwing vehicle has no price, and the Cessna vehicle has no stats.
The nightwing is an experimental personal aircraft worth 1.1 million zuzus.
. . . man, I do not know what happened to the Cessna.
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

It seems I got distracted while creating the Wasteland mage, and . . . forgot to pick 24 force points of abilities.
Benoist

Post by Benoist »

Agonarchartist wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:31 am It seems I got distracted while creating the Wasteland mage, and . . . forgot to pick 24 force points of abilities.
You mean 23. He's got 12 points assigned. 35-12 = 23.
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

Apply damage is unclear, but the penetration must *exceed* armor to do lethal damage. Stun is penetration <=. If you have a penetration of 3, you do lethal damage versus 2 ballistic armor, and stun damage versus 3 ballistic armor.

Just to clarify, this also goes for firearms versus barrier. If your penetration exceeds the barrier value, it travels through, if equal, the barrier lowers the weapon damage and the bullet hits the target with -damage equal to the barrier value, and if less, it hits the barrier.
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

Energy weapons are unlabeled.
The Photon Reaver is a laser rifle.
The Neon Fang is a laser pistol.
The thunderbolt is a railgun.
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

page 122: "Fetish provides the ability to roll additional f dice to soak drain from spells"
should read "Fetish provides the ability to roll additional dice to soak drain from spells"
Agonarchartist

Post by Agonarchartist »

The example on P 45 "Active skills" is incorrect.
e.g. assigning skills to priority A gives your character 36 points

the correct value (48) is in the table, on page 44.